Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Around the Nation
Wed January 23, 2013
Young Journalist Discovers Experience Pays Off
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 8:13 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Young Ethan Sattler started his own news organization last fall, a first step in being a real journalist. Then he put in a request to cover the inauguration from the White House Briefing Room, which was granted.
There were no briefings on Inauguration Day, but the 13-year-old did catch some of the action. He so impressed everyone, he landed a spot in the press viewing area; and caught a glimpse of the president leaving the White House.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.