The Kentucky Senate will reject a proposed first-in-the-nation tax on prescription opioids, with the chamber's top Republican leader saying the idea has too many legal problems for it to be in the foundation of a two-year state spending plan.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- With Centrist Democrats' Success, Party's Identity Struggle Gets More Complicated
- Ohio Democrat Marcy Kaptur Makes History As Longest-Serving Woman In The House
- After Documenting Nazi Crimes, A French Priest Exposes ISIS Attacks On Yazidis
- Don't Call This Rebel On Wheels An 'Angel From Above'