A long-awaited overhaul of one of the country's worst-funded public pension systems was introduced Tuesday in the Kentucky Senate, setting the stage for debate on one of the defining issues of this year's legislative session. The bill introduced by Republican Sen. Joe Bowen was notable in part for what it didn't include, deviating from some key provisions in an earlier plan endorsed by Gov. Matt Bevin.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- One Year In, DNC Turnaround Has A Long Way To Go
- As Washington Gears Up To Tackle Foreign Influence, How Effective Can It Be?
- Threats Against Schools Increase Since Florida Shooting
- At CNN Town Hall, Sen. Marco Rubio Declines To Say He Won't Take NRA Money
- Hand Grenade Thrown At U.S. Embassy In Montenegro, Attacker Killed