Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 4, 2008
UK's Stoll Field Gets Historic Marker
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – An historical marker commemorating Stoll Field, where the first football game in the Southern United States was played nearly 130 years ago, was dedicated Thursday morning. The field later played host to UK Wildcats football until the completion of Commonwealth Stadium in the 1970s.