Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed March 10, 2010
UK Considering Tuition Hike
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – University of Kentucky officials say state budget cuts could mean a tuition increase next year of around five percent. The House version of the budget proposal calls for a 1.4 percent reduction in funding for Kentucky universities.
At Tuesday's Board of Trustees meeting, UK President Lee Todd said that kind of cut would also require another year without salary increases for faculty and staff. UK trustees will approve next year's tuition rates at its April 20th meeting.