Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
WUKY In Depth
Thu March 13, 2014
STORYCORPS: Northern Kentucky Advocate Discovers The Power Of The Pen
This week meet a Northern Kentuckian who launched a letter writing campaign for no-smoking ordinances across the state.
Lexington's history making vote more than ten years ago influenced many other counties, cities and towns to pass no-smoking ordinances. Northern Kentuckian Denny Nafus has been involved in lobbying for smoking bans in Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties. He talks about the ups and downs of those efforts with Betsy Janes of the group, Smoke-Free Kentucky.
Special thanks to the Kentucky Center for Smoke Free Policy for sharing the audio from its grant-funded oral history project.
Information on smoke free policies is available here.