Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Around the Nation
Fri December 14, 2012
Stephen Colbert Announces Charity Donations
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert launched his own political superPAC last year, and the gag raised a lot of money. He had some three-quarters of a million dollars left. Last night, Colbert announced that leftover cash will go to charities, including Habitat for Humanity, the Yellow Ribbon Fund for injured vets and Hurricane Sandy Relief. Colbert jokes that his board denied a request to give it to UNICEF, because, well, that's the name of his yacht. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.