Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu January 28, 2010
State Senate Taking Up "Accountability in Government" Bill
By Stu Johnson
Frankfort, KY – Sponsor, Damon Thayer says internet information would include the type of expenditure, the amount and the name of the person who requested the purchase.
Under the bill, the information must be available on line by January of next year. Kentucky's public universities must make financial data available to the state so it too can be posted on the internet.
The bill is also in response to claims of excessive spending at the Kentucky League of Cities and the Kentucky Association of Counties. Thayer says the measure could toughen purchasing and personnel standards at such public associations.