Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 17, 2008
State Lawmaker Accused Of Financial Misconduct
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Republican Party Chairman Steve Robertson says Senator Pendleton accepted almost 70-thousand dollars in salary from Murray State University when he actually was in Frankfort taking care of legislative duties. Robertson wants Pendleton to reimburse the money and the attorney general to investigate. But Senator Pendleton tells Kentucky Public Radio there's nothing to the allegations. He says the Republican Party is just trying to help Tom Jones, the man who's trying to unseat Pendleton in the upcoming election. That's what it's about. We're 20-points ahead and getting into the last two weeks and they're trying to do everything they can to destroy me.
The attorney general's office says it has received the request for an investigation, will handle it with proper protocol, and for now, will have no further comment. No word yet from Murray State University.