Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Fri October 31, 2008
State Launches New Prescription Drug Program
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – For good will, promotion and advertising, some drug companies offer free or low-cost prescription drugs to those who can't afford them. But it's often difficult for consumers to figure out how to get the drugs. Governor Beshear says that won't be the case under the Kentucky Prescription Assistance Program. "We're going to buy computer software that will allow the user to locate, link and enroll in these assistance programs."
The General Assembly appropriated one million dollars for the program, which should be fully operational by next March. Each county will have a specific site where individuals, with physician referrals, will be able to access the program.