Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu February 28, 2013
State Appoints Manager for Monticello Schools
FRANKFORT, Ky. - The Kentucky Department of Education has appointed a state manager for the Monticello Independent school district.
The agency said in a statement Wednesday that 29-year-old veteran educator James Hamm would begin his duties immediately. Hamm was originally assigned to the district late last year by Department of Education as an education recovery leader.
That move came when the Kentucky Board of Education placed the district under state assistance in December, after an audit showed failures in governance, finance and personnel operations at the district.
The Board approved a state takeover this month after further analysis showed the district was on the brink of closure due to its poor financial state.