Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue November 4, 2008
Preliminary Congressional Results
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Second District Cong. Ron Lewis didn't seek re-election and in the "Battle of the State Senators" to replace him, the race is too close to call. In early returns, Republican Brett Guthrie of Bowling Green and Democrat David Boswell of Owensboro are neck and neck.
In the 1st District, Republican Cong. Ed Whitfield is headed for re-election over Democrat Heather Ryan.
In Louisville, Democratic Cong. John Yarmuth has won election to a second term. The votes are still being tallied, but Republican rival and former congresswoman Anne Northup has conceded defeat to Yarmuth in that 3rd District race.
Up north, in the 4th District, Republican Cong. Geoff Davis appears to be heading for a third term. He has a comfortable lead over physician Michael Kelley, the Democrat.
Longtime 5th District Republican Cong. Hal Rogers of Somerset and 6th District Democratic Cong. Ben Chandler of Lexington both appear headed for easy re-election.