Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri September 18, 2009
Nunn Pleads Not Guilty To Murder Charges
By Tony McVeigh
Lexington, KY – Steve Nunn appeared by video from the Fayette County jail for the brief hearing. He looked tired and had a five-o'clock shadow. His attorney, Astrida Lemkins entered a NOT guilty plea on Nunn's behalf. Bond was denied. Lemkins says a preliminary hearing in the case is set for next Friday. "Then if the judge decides, of the defendant waives the preliminary hearing, then it will be sent up for an indictment, at which time there will be another arraignment in the circuit court."
Lemkins says Nunn, who's accused of murdering his ex-fiancee Amanda Ross, is being held in the medical unit of the jail and has been visited by his daughters and others. She would not comment on his mental state.