Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue September 15, 2009
Nunn Now Faces Murder Charges In Death of Ex-Fiance
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – With Steve Nunn facing the possibility of posting a cash bond today and obtaining release from jail, Lexington Police last night announced they're charging Nunn with murder. He's accused of gunning down 29-year old Amanda Ross, Friday morning, outside her Lexington townhouse. Lt. Douglas Pape tells Kentucky Public Radio authorities are continuing to gather evidence in the case. "We're following up on every lead as diligently and quickly as we can."
Warrants charging Nunn with murder and violation of a protective order have been served on Nunn, who remains in the Hart County Jail. He was taken there yesterday after being released from a Bowling Green hospital, where he was treated for self-inflicted wounds to his wrists. Nunn was arrested Friday at a Hart County cemetery where his parents are buried. Nunn's father was former Kentucky Gov. Louie B. Nunn.