Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri April 23, 2010
New Wetlands Project Dedicated At McConnell Springs
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – A half million dollar environmental initiative highlighted during Earth Week captures dirty stormwater from surrounding industrial sites, then filters it naturally, so it
flows cleanly downstream. McConnell Springs Naturalist Laurie
Thomas says she hopes the wetlands project becomes a good environmental teaching tool for visitors. McConnell Springs, once an industrial waste site, is thought to be the birthplace of Lexington.