Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed April 14, 2010
New Program To Help Job Seekers Look Their Best
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Whether it's a men's blazer or women's suit separates, a new source for business apparel in Lexington has it all. But as Brenna Angel reports, "Suit Yourself" is not your typical department store.
Suit Yourself grew from a job training workshop sponsored by Catholic Charities of Lexington. Program coordinator Annie Ormsbee has been collecting suits, dress shirts, shoes, and accessories for a career studio designed to help the poor and unemployed.
After completing a program of resume training and mock interviews, program participants can choose a new outfit to wear to job interviews. Michael Overstreet says Suit Yourself renewed his confidence, which he admits had been waning in the year since he was laid off from a website design company.
Ormsbee says Suit Yourself needs business apparel for both men and women, especially in larger sizes. She'd also like to start a collection of business casual pieces.
The Suit Yourself center, located at 772 Winchester Road, will initially be open one day a week. For more information contact Annie Ormsbee at 859-253-1993, ext. 223.