Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri January 16, 2009
New CPE Prez Already In Frankfort
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – After a nationwide search, the Council on Postsecondary Education hired Robert King, former chancellor of the State University of New York, as its new president. King, who headed an Arizona charitable foundation after leaving New York, had until April to report to work in Kentucky, but he's already on the job. "Governor Beshear had made it clear to me when I met with him in December, that the sooner I could get here, the better."
King says he's been monitoring higher education developments in Kentucky since his hiring and plans to hit the ground running. His early arrival means he will be in the state when the 2009 legislative session resumes February 3rd.