Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri March 2, 2012
Miller Leads UK Over Georgia in Senior Night Win
LEXINGTON, Ky. Darius Miller hit five 3-pointers and finished with 17 points, and Kentucky beat Georgia 79-49 on Thursday night to extend the nation's longest home winning streak to 52 games.
"We all had it going. We all had a lot of fun tonight," Miller said. "I think that's how it should be in our last home game."
Kentucky (29-1, 15-0 Southeastern Conference) made an emphatic statement in its final game at Rupp Arena this season with an offensive flurry that nearly equaled the furious defensive effort the Wildcats have given all season.
Coach John Calipari hasn't lost at Rupp Arena in his three seasons in Lexington, and the Wildcats are poised to make a run at their eighth national title thanks to player of the year contender Anthony Davis and a supporting cast of NBA-worthy talent.
It was the final home appearance for Miller and fellow senior Eloy Vargas.
With their 45th SEC regular-season title wrapped up with a victory Saturday, the Wildcats were playing for NCAA tournament seeding and a chance to finish league play with a perfect record, joining the 1996 and '03 squads as the only teams in the conference to accomplish the feat since 1956.