Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu October 2, 2008
McConnell, Bunning On Opposite Sides Of Bailout Vote
By Kentucky Public Radio-Capitol News Connection
Washington, DC – Republican leader Mitch McConnell secured the bill's passage early in the day. He brokered deals, and though he's happy the bill bipartisan support...
This doesn't entirely solve the problem but it begins to move us in the direction of getting the American economy back to where it needs to be very soon.
Kentucky Republican Jim Bunning doesn't give the measure that much credit. He voted against the bailout package
Because I don't think it will change a thing. I don't think it will fix the cred! it markets, and it costs the American taxpayer over 700 billion dollars.
The House rejected a bailout package earlier this week. The senate version comes bundled with 100 billion dollars in tax credits for popular items like renewable energy and an alternative minimum tax patch.
The bill will head to the house in the next couple of days.