Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri June 5, 2009
Mayor Newberry Comfortable With Centrepointe Update
Lexington, KY – Mayor Jim Newberry says he is encouraged by Centrepointe developer Dudley Webb's comments to the Lexington Forum Thursday that the project WILL move forward soon. Webb told the group that a Plan "B" and a Plan "C" are in place should the project's original investors back out. Mayor Newberry says regardless of where the funding comes from, it's time for the city to look past the controversy.
After an entire block of historic downtown buildings were razed, construction plans were stalled when a primary overseas investor for the project died late last year without leaving a will. Pending settlement of the estate, Developer Dudley Webb says the family of the deceased investor is still committed to funding the Centrepointe project.