Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed October 15, 2008
Lexpark Unveils New Meters
By Bryan Bartlett
Lexington, KY – Lexington's new solar-powered parking meters use 21st century technology to offer parkers more payment options. The A-T-M style machines not only accept coins, but also take paper bills as well as credit or debit cards. Gary Means, Executive Director of the Lexington/Fayette County Parking Authority says payment flexibility isn't the machine's only feature.
By the end of the year, the city will install up to 50 of the new parking meters at a cost of $9000 per unit. Currently, five machines are up and running in the downtown and U-K areas, with another 20 due in November and an additional 25 in December.