Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri April 9, 2010
Lexington Officials To Participate In Kentucky American Water Talks
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – The city of Lexington has been granted intervenor status in Kentucky American Water's rate increase case before the state Public Service Commission.
The water company must go before the PSC to explain its request for a nearly 38 percent rate hike.
The intervenor status allows Lexington government officials to file briefs in the case and work at the negotiating table. Mayor Jim Newberry and members of the Urban County Council have said Kentucky American's rate proposal is excessive and unfair.