Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu July 22, 2010
LexArts Exceeds Fundraising Goal Despite Slow Economy
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Arts programs across Lexington will be funded at the same level as previous years despite the slow economy. LexARTS President & CEO Jim Clark says they managed to exceed their million dollar goal in the annual Fund for the Arts campaign.
"We were able to maintain the giving levels for individuals from last year into this year but our biggest increase came from expanding the number of workplace giving sites. Those are companies that let us into their businesses in order to raise money directly from their employees, and that went up twenty two percent this year."
A total of one million, three thousand dollars was raised this year.
Clark added, "It is a real testimony to the generosity of Lexingtonians and of our local government that they have held fast to their previous level of funding and I think we'll be able to strengthen the arts community in this period because of that strong support."
Proceeds from the annual campaign help finance numerous community arts groups, programs, and projects.