Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri March 27, 2009
KY House And Senate Leaders Offer Handshakes All Around
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – House Minority Leader Jeffrey Hoover rose to offer praise to majority leaders, for reaching out to Republicans and seeking their input. "The legislative process itself can always be improved. But I do think from our perspective and our level of involvement in the process, it was an unprecedented level of involvement."
House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins was gracious in his response. "I think we've accomplished much to be very honest with you, and we've done it by working together across the aisles in a bipartisan way, not only here in the House, but with our Senate colleagues as well."
Adkins and Speaker Pro Tem Larry Clark were carryovers from the previous leadership team. Speaker Greg Stumbo and Majority Caucus Chairman Bob Damron also had previous leadership experience, but it was Majority Whip John Will Stacy's first taste of leadership responsibilities.