Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu July 9, 2009
KY Health Officials At National Summit On Swine Flu
By Bryan Bartlett
Lexington, KY – Headed by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, federal leaders will host a one-day H-1-N-1 Flu Preparedness Summit. According to Jay Blanton, spokesman for Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear, the meeting will prepare local, state and national leaders for the possibility of a more severe outbreak of H1N1 influenza.
Representing the state of Kentucky at the summit are Policy Advisor John Esham, Senior Public Health Official Dr. William Hacker, Senior Education Advisor Ruth Webb, Homeland Security Advisor Mike Embry and Senior Communications Official Jill Midkiff. To date, the state of Kentucky has seen approximately 113 cases of H1N1.