Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu October 9, 2008
Kentucky Couple Hope To Make Battle Of Perryville Relevant To Young Readers
Lexington, KY – This weekend marks the 146th anniversary of the Battle of Perryville; the largest Civil War battle to take place in Kentucky. The occasion is commemorated annually with a two day re-enactment that draws thousand to the state historic site. Kentucky authors Marie Mitchell and Mason Smith are hoping to make Perryville relevant to young readers with their new novel, "The Lost Dispatch". They dropped by our studio recently to chat with Alan Lytle about the book. Note: If Marie's voice sounds familiar, it should. She's the former News Director for WEKU radio in Richmond, KY.