Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri July 25, 2008
Kentucky Could See Record Voter Turnout This November
By Tony McVeigh, Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky voter turnout may reach a record high in November, based on promising turnout from the May Kentucky presidential primary, according to Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson.
In the May election, 32 percent of voters cast a ballot, compared to 14 percent in 2004. Franklin County had the highest voter turnout at nearly 55 percent.
Statewide, 43 percent of Democrats, almost 20 percent of Republicans, and 4 percent of independents turned out to vote in May.