Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
Wed June 19, 2013
Just Washed Your Car? Try Speeding To Dry It
Originally published on Wed June 19, 2013 9:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Canadian man was a bit wilder than his country's reputation. Police say he was driving 112 miles per hour on a highway south of Black Diamond, Alberta. When they got a look at the man, they found he was 67 - possibly old enough to know better. But by the time the suspect got to court, he had his story straight.
The man explained that he had just washed his car; he was simply speeding in order to dry it off. Of course. He was fined anyway. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.