Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri February 21, 2014
Jon Huntsman Speaks at UK
A prominent politician and statesman visited the University of Kentucky Thursday.
Crowds filled the seats of UK’s Memorial Hall so they could hear from former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman. He spoke at length about the challenges facing US-China relations, having served as the American ambassador from 2009-2011. These issues range from trade disagreements and regional security to differing views on the individual and society. Huntsman also talked about partisanship in domestic politics, sharing some details from his 2012 Presidential Campaign.
“We were building a head of steam, at least in New Hampshire, and this guy named Michael Moore, a well known liberal in the United States, got on the tube, and he said, that Huntsman guy, he’s actually a Republican I could support one of these days. Yeah, that’s not a good thing to be said in the Republican primary. And I saw the numbers in Iowa go right down the tubes.”
WUKY also got the chance to discuss these topics with Huntsman in more detail. That interview can be found under UK Perspectives.