Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon April 29, 2013
Jockey Borel Elected to Racing Hall of Fame
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Three-time Kentucky Derby winner Calvin Borel has been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Borel is the only jockey to win the Derby three times in four years. He first captured it in 2007 with Street Sense then in 2009 with Mine That Bird and in 2010 with Super Saver.
Only three other riders, Eddie Arcaro and Bill Hartack with five and Willie Shoemaker with four, have more Derby wins. All are in the Hall of Fame.
Borel is the only human in this year's class, announced Friday. Horses elected to the Hall in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., are Housebuster, Invasor, Lure, McDynamo and Tuscalee.