Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri June 13, 2014
Harry Dean Stanton Film Fest Celebrates Fourth Year
Kentucky-born actor Harry Dean Stanton has been the subject of a film festival in Lexington for the past three years.
And the Lexington Film League is presenting the Harry Dean Stanton Fest again this year – with screenings of Escape from New York, Repo Man, and the Paul Newman film Cool Hand Luke, in which Stanton plays a gospel-singing prisoner.
The fourth edition of the festival, which starts today and runs through Sunday, will feature two celebrity guests – singer and actress Michelle Phillips, friend of Stanton’s and member of the 1960s group The Mamas and the Papas – and the man himself.
Stanton will be on hand for a gala event at the Kentucky Theatre following a screening of the 1970s gangster flick Dillinger.
Tickets are $7 for the screening – and $60 for the afterparty at The Bar Complex.