Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri August 24, 2012
Guerrilla Gardening In Provo City, Utah
For four years now several of our city planners here in Provo City have been growing a garden in their spare time.
Did I mention that they're growing the garden on the steps of City Hall?
The planners were inspired by the guerrilla gardening concept — planting vegetables in underused public spaces — and also wanted to show that you don't need a lot of space to grow your own food.
They donate the produce, including potatoes, carrots and squash, to the local food bank.
Helen Anderson is the city's public information officer. She listens to KUER.