Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed February 12, 2014
Gov. Beshear Talks Business With French President
Business opportunities between Kentucky and France were also on the menu at a White House dinner honoring French president François Hollande.
Gov. Steve Beshear, who attended the event with his wife, told reporters Wednesday that he was able to chat with President Obama and the French president. Since 2008, 23 French-owned businesses have either moved to or expanded their operations in the Bluegrass.
"They employ about 1,200 people and represent a lot of money in terms of investment here and so we discussed that. We also discussed the fact that the World Equestrian games are going to be in Normandy this coming fall after four years earlier being at the Kentucky Horse Park and he was aware of that and looking forward to it," Beshear said.
France is also the seventh-largest consumer of Kentucky products.
Beshear and his wife were among hundreds of government, business, arts, and sports leaders invited to the dinner.