Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Fri November 11, 2011
Friday Is Corduroy Appreciation Day
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. You may think it's Veteran's Day, but that's not what one social club celebrates tonight. The Corduroy Appreciation Club loves this date because it's 11-11-11. They say it most resembles the fabric corduroy. I guess because of all the vertical lines. Anyway, this is a real club which denounces velvet as the poor man's corduroy and is meeting tonight in New York. In order to get in, you may wear at least three items made of corduroy. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.