Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 25, 2008
Fourth Case of West Nile Detected
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department has confirmed a fourth case of West Nile Virus activity. Health Department spokesman Kevin Hall says this one was detected earlier this week.
KevinHallSkeeter :18 out positive for west nile virus
So far this year, West Nile Virus has been found in two birds and one other mosquito. There have been no reports of human infection.
Health officials still warn residents to avoid contact with mosquitoes, which can spread the virus through bites. They suggest avoiding outside activity from the hours of dusk till dawn, steering clear of standing water, and wearing repellent on uncovered skin.