Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri March 30, 2012
Elephant Escapes From Traveling Circus In Ireland
Originally published on Fri March 30, 2012 7:30 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Maybe I'm over caffeinated, but is that an elephant in the parking lot. OK, not here, but that's what customers at a coffee shop in Cork, Ireland must've been thinking. They looked outside and saw a two and a half ton elephant. The animal, named Baby, had escaped from a traveling circus. Circus employees got Baby back within minutes. The coffee shop manager said things began when a customer said, look, there's an elephant. And he replied, yeah, OK. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.