Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue May 20, 2014
Election Fraud Hotline Receives Dozens Of Calls
The Kentucky attorney general's office reports its election fraud hotline has received 80 calls through midafternoon on primary election day.
The largest number of calls came from Breathitt County, where there were seven reports of vote buying out of 13 calls total. Vote buying was also reported in Bell, Clay, Harlan, Knott, Lee, Pike and Wayne counties.
Some of the other complaints involved electioneering too close to the polls, campaign violations, general election fraud/other and procedural or legal questions.
Kentucky voters choosing nominees for a U.S. Senate race and state legislative races. Congressional and state appellate court seats are also in play, as well as races involving local judges, council members, clerks and others.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time. Anyone in line by 6 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
WUKY In Depth