Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue October 7, 2008
Domain Name Saga Continues
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Franklin Circuit Court was filled with dozens of lawyers representing the domain names of 141 Internet gambling sites seized by the state of Kentucky. Calling it a peculiar case , Attorney Bill Johnson challenged the Justice Cabinet's authority to go after the domain names. You don't see a single place that it says the Justice Cabinet has the authority to take any action like this. More so, it doesn't give the Justice Cabinet any authority to bring a lawsuit.
Attorneys for the state disagree, and say Kentucky is fully within its legal rights to seize the domain names, which it considers to be illegal gambling devices. After hearing three-and-a-half hours of arguments, Judge Thomas Wingate said he would need a week to study all the issues raised and it will be next week before he issues any rulings in the precedent-setting case.