Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Mon August 6, 2012
Curiosity Captivates Times Square Crowd
Originally published on Mon August 6, 2012 1:02 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Hundreds of people gathered in Times Square last night to watch NASA TV. The landing of the Mars rover Curiosity was being shown on the big screen - the same screen that displays the countdown on New Year's Eve. Accounts posted to Twitter say that when the rover landed the crowded cheered and chanted, Science, science, science. Where was Ryan Seacrest? Anyway, one person tweeted this is definitely the nerdiest gathering here of all time. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.