Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 29, 2010
Conway Making Final Campaign Push
By Tony McVeigh
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- – With Tuesday's election just days away, Kentucky Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Jack Conway isn't buying recent poll results showing a dramatic drop in his support. The latest Bluegrass Poll has Republican Rand Paul leading Conway by nine points.
Conway was asked about the poll at a Kentucky Democratic Party rally in Frankfort Thursday evening.
"The Courier-Journal's poll is not consistent with what Yarmuth shows. It's not consistent with what Greg Fischer shows. It's not consistent with what we've shown. I've earned a reputation as a closer, I think. I think we're closing out this race strong and it won't be the first time I've proven the Courier-Journal poll wrong."
Conway's Republican opponent Rand Paul campaigned in southern Kentucky Thursday, with stops in Glasgow, Columbia, Russell Springs, Somerset and Albany. The candidates are vying for the seat currently held by Republican U-S Sen. Jim Bunning.