Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Tue June 5, 2012
Castle In Phoenix Sells For $1.5 Million
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Among the many foreclosed properties in Phoenix, a castle on Camelback Mountain would have seemed a tough sale. But Robert Pazderka saw an opportunity when he paid a million and a half dollars for a faux Moorish castle. Built in the 1960s, it has a dungeon, drawbridge and secret passages, though it is a bit of a fixer upper, needing millions in renovations. The new owner hopes it will pay off in PR for his business making armored vehicles. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.