Most Active Stories
- It's tomorrow... WUKY's Phoenix Friday features Ben Sollee.
- Electricians Aren't Magicians, But Their Rabbits Disappear, Too
- Opening Date For Urban Outfitters, Midway Program Announcement And Country Boy On BizLexChat
- Distillery District Abuzz, Ky. Companies Cash In At Valhalla, On BizLexChat
- Picnic With The Pops To Feature Songs Of Elton John
Mon March 5, 2012
Originally published on Fri March 9, 2012 10:51 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with more bad news for News Corp.
An FBI investigation of Rupert Murdoch's media company is now looking to Russia. A billboard company, News Outdoor Russia, owned until last year by News Corp, is being scrutinized over possibly bribing public officials. The FBI began looking into News Corps' operations after its British newspapers were embroiled in a bribery and phone hacking scandal.
This latest probe in Russia suggests the U.S.-based News Corp could be vulnerable to charges under America's Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.