Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
Best Books Of 2011
Fri December 9, 2011
Booksellers' Picks: Catch The Year's Freshest Reads
This winter, our independent booksellers have selected books that range in subject from toasters to typeface, odd bookmarks to old Volkswagons, department stores to pasta design. Whether you need a picture book for a toddler, kid lit for a young reader, or quirky non-fiction for the grown-up set, these booksellers have just the thing on their shelves.
Sift through top picks below, from Lucia Silva, the book buyer at Portrait of a Bookstore in Studio City, Calif; Rona Brinlee of The BookMark in Atlantic Beach, Fla., and Daniel Goldin of Boswell Book Co. in Milwaukee, Wisc. Happy reading!