Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue April 27, 2010
Beshear Vetoes Oversight Bill
By Tony McVeigh
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- – Kentucky state Rep. Brent Yonts of Greenville is upset with Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear's only veto of the 2010 session. Beshear vetoed a Senate bill that would have given lawmakers greater oversight of state contracts.
Yonts says the bill essentially contained a measure he's been sponsoring for eight years.
"This bill would have allowed us to have the ability to review an additional 38,000 more contracts per year."
Beshear says he vetoed the measure because county attorneys complained it could interfere with child support collection and enforcement efforts.