Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 30, 2009
Beshear Salutes Guard Employers
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Around 45-hundred Kentucky employers have at least one employee who serves in the Kentucky National Guard or Reserve. It's a commitment that deserves recognition and praise says former Army reservist and Gov. Steve Beshear. "Thus, I have designated July as Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Month, as a reminder that it is essential that we express appreciation each and every day for these brave men and women."
Beshear's proclamation says, "Employers in the commonwealth are providing extraordinary patriotic support and cooperation to their employees and it is appropriate that all Kentucky citizens support the men and women who faithfully serve as members of the military, especially those members of the Kentucky National Guard or Reserve Forces."