Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Thu August 2, 2012
Back To The Debt Debacle: A Look At What's Changed
Originally published on Thu August 2, 2012 11:53 am
It was just a year ago that the House rejected a deal with President Obama and threatened to allow the U.S. to default on debt obligations coming due. The Tea Party refusal to raise the debt ceiling led to a downgrade in U.S. credit and a selloff in the markets. NPR's David Welna reports on what's changed since then and what hasn't.