Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue October 14, 2008
Another Kentucky Lawmaker Involved In Traffic Accident
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Frankfort Rep. Derrick Graham was returning from a legislative committee meeting in Murray Monday afternoon when his car went off the I-65 ramp to the Blue Grass Parkway. The vehicle went down a ravine after Graham tried to avoid a construction barrel. Graham was not severely injured, but spent the night in Hardin Memorial Hospital.
Last week, Rep. Larry Belcher of Shepherdsville died in an accident on I-65 north of Bowling Green. He was buried Saturday. Sixty-one year old Belcher was seeking re-election at the time of his death and his widow, Linda Belcher, has now been nominated to run for the office.