Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Sat February 11, 2012
The Zebra's Stripes, A Personal No-Fly Zone
Scientists in Hungary and Sweden say they've found an answer to the age-old question of how the zebra got its stripes. It turns out the pattern may have evolved to repel Africa's biting flies. The researchers discovered this by placing models of patterned zebras next to models of their plainer cousins, horses, and measuring how many flies ended up on each one. Host Scott Simon has more.