Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Tue August 6, 2013
Youth Sports Coach Charged With Abusing 6 Boys
LOUISVILLE, Ky. _ A northern Kentucky youth sports coach has been charged with sexually abusing six boys entrusted to his care.
A grand jury in Boone County on Tuesday handed up 14 charges against 46-year-old Michael Schweitzer of Hebron. Schweitzer has been in custody since June 26 on charges of sodomy with an incapable person or someone unable to give consent, unlawful transactions with a minor and illegal possession of a controlled substance.
Police say Schweitzer slipped a sleeping pill to one 13-year-old boy staying with him, then molested the youth while he slept.
Schweitzer had no listed attorney in Boone County court records.