Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 4, 2013
WUKY Reporter's Departure Does Not Resolve Lawsuit
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The departure of Brenna Angel from WUKY has by no means resolved the lawsuit between the former reporter and University of Kentucky Healthcare.
Angel sought details of a review of the pediatric cardiothoracic surgery program at UK Children’s Hospital. Her requests were denied, UK HealthCare citing concern for federal health care privacy laws.
Angel then filed an open records request with the state’s Attorney General. Consequently, UK HealthCare sued Angel, even though Spokesman Jay Blanton has been quoted as saying UK’s issue was not with Angel but with the Attorney General’s decision.
That decision went against UK HealthCare but it filed an appeal, which has not been resolved.
In the meantime, Angel was offered and has accepted a job in the Lexington Mayor’s office. She has sent a letter to UK President Eli Capilouto saying she was acting in good faith as a UK employee, whose job was to ask questions and report issues of public interest.