Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Rock & Roots
Mon May 5, 2014
WUKY presents... another tadoo Lounge feat. Coralee and the Townies and Switchmen
WUKY presents Coralee and the Townies at the tadoo lounge with food by Fork in the Road Mobile Galley Kitchen at the offices of Smiley Pete Publishing... 434 Old Vine St.... this Thursday at 5:30pm
Coralee and the Townies are a Lexington, Kentucky based band of a genre they’ve self-defined as HONKY TONK SOUL. And it’s a fitting description, as the sextet whoops and weeps with traditional authenticity and contemporary energy, with Coralee’s husky vocals front and center and the Townies providing a righteous, raucous rootenanny soundtrack around her.
Reveling in their Appalachian roots, Switchmen boasts the sounds of unapologetic, Shotgun-Fed Rock ‘n Roll. Nashville-based by way of Kentucky, the rock trio has a knack for tastefully mixing a slew of influences from edgy rock to raw blues, and even a polished touch of classical undertones.